Supposed fossil remains of 1st politician in DC found!
Got this in an email today. Have no idea who the original author was but tell me what you think:
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
And along with that thought we can add this in:
Proposed 28th amendment:
“Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States”.
All of this seems like common sense to me. To bad we would have to get it past the
” DC whores” .
1) You have ONE shot at welfare.
2) Welfare lasts 12 months
3) Nobody else in your family is eligible for welfare
1) Enforce the freakin’ laws that are already on the books
2) If you are found here illegally you have a tracking pellet (like a dog) implanted and you are deported. If you have an “anchor baby” that goes with you.
3) If you are found here again without proper paperwork, you are shot.
4) All illegals in our prisons are given a choice of deportation or being shot.
4) If an employer is found with illegal immigrant workers it is a $100k fine, per worker. Period, no appeal
End of illegal immigration problem
Why do people of a certain ethnic background who are legal citizens of the US, either through birth or naturalization get so upset when the topic of illegal immigration comes up?
When enforcement or reform of current laws is attempted it is most often those who are most hurt by the illegal immigrant that yell the loudest!
Statistically, illegal immigrants take the lowest paying jobs, jobs that minorities often have to compete for.